• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Sky Ox Cannula Connection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midsouthps

Reaction score
I have a new Sky Ox SK12-24 tank with the medallion cannulas. I'm planning to us it for the first time tomorrow. When attempting to test it, I could not get the quick connector from the cannula to connect to the female fittings on the tank. It seems to need about 1.5mm more compression to get to the locking position. I called Sky Ox and a nice lady there told me it is a common problem that is due to the o ring not being pushed back far enough. Well, I tried that this morning and the o rings seem to be set in an indention that is where they belong. Also, considering she told me you just use your finger to push the o ring back a little, I don't see that happening. It's going to take a tool and some force to get the o ring out of that indention and moved back.

Considering Sky Ox is not open today and I'm looking to fly high tomorrow, I hope someone here can help me out. Any experience with this?

Latest posts

Back