• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Sidewinder electric towbar for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all -

I just bought a remote-controlled tug for my Lance.

I currently have, and have been using, a Redline Sidewinder electric towbar. The unit came with my airplane and is like new. Works great with one hand to move your plane in and out of the hangar - lots of power. I routinely tow my Lance to the fuel farm and back on a single battery (this is probably 1200 feet).

Retail price is $2,050. I'm selling this for $1,700. This also includes a primary and an extra 28V battery ($179) and charger ($45).

Powerful and portable, the Sidewinder will forever change the way you move your aircraft. Powered by Milwaukee’s top of the line 28V power unit with a long-lasting, lithium-ion battery pack, Sidewinder weighs less than 22 pounds, collapses to 27” and stows easily in your baggage compartment. Made in the USA using 4130 Chromoly material.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Jimmy
redline-sidewinder.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back