• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Side and Door Panel

chrisisflying

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking to refresh the interior of our new to us Cherokee 140/160. I contacted Airtex but their lead time is horrendous right now (as is the case for most everything these days) and my local hot rod shops are flaky as they can be not returning calls/emails so I know hiring them will result in weeks of downtime. So, I'm posting this wanted ad to see if any of you guys might have side panels laying around. Maybe from a parted out Cherokee? Maybe you installed a new Airtex interior while your old panels were still perfectly fine? If you got anything, let me know. Ideally I'm looking for white but can also deal with other bright colors except red (which is my current interior). I already ordered carpet from SCS last week with a surprisingly fast lead time of just four weeks. The carpet will be navy blue by the way.

aterry1067

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out TX Air Salvage or AZ Air Salvage. I watched both sites and eventually picked up a decent full panel kit from TX. It's used, and it shows, but it was better than I had (nothing). I have ordered parts from both companies and have been pleased with both; fast shipping, fast and accurate payment processing, items accurately described in the ad, and both answered their phones or quickly returned my calls. Top notch businesses.

JimC

Reaction score
You can also cut your own from 4'×8' sheets of kydex. I like the sharkskin texture.
Window trim not installed in this photo.
2017-11-30 09.35.57-1.jpg

arzenmaster

Cherokee owner since 1983
Reaction score
Ditto on TN Wings.. My entire interior with the exception of the plastic parts are
TN wings. Call Shelbey.

Though I would imagine he would be backed up as the quality of his work is without equal.

The 140/160 is already set up for recessed arm rests. The plane feels like it has 8 inches more elbow room. Because it does.

Here is a few pics of my 140. I think I got the sidewall inserts from K2U PANEL, ARM REST. LH OR RH. PIPER 65238-10, 65238-11 - Knots 2U, Ltd.
IMG_20180223_201249666.jpg
IMG_20180511_160610105 (1).jpg
IMG_20180513_194420467_LL.jpg

Last edited:

Route140north

Reaction score
Chrisisflying, I have all the templates for your interior panels, including the door. You are welcome to use them if you choose to do your own panels. I can show you samples of the material, the backer, and the insulation you could use. Just a short 2.5 hour hop in your new plane if you want.
I really like the door insert as arzenmaster has used.
Merry Christmas to all on Piper Forum

chrisisflying

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas y'all. I will give TN Wings a call next week. At the same time, I found a decent set on TAS as well, white and grey which would work for me. I'm waiting on them to come back with a quote and shipping cost. Cutting it myself, not sure about that. I'm not the most gifted when it comes to crafty things like that plus, as much as I enjoy flying, I don't really enjoy working on planes at all.

@Route140north: Are you in Brandon? Do you know anyone (or do you offer it yourself) who can do that in Brandon? I agree, the door insert is nice.

Hedley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
"The 140/160 is already set up for recessed arm rests. The plane feels like it has 8 inches more elbow room. Because it does."

Looks great! What did you have to do to put in the recessed armrests? My 140 has the armrests that stick out. I purchased a pair of the recessed ones and am scratching my head on how to proceed.

Latest posts