• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Service letter 526- DECALS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Messinger

Reaction score
Anyone have a copy of Piper Service Letter 526?
This is the one that lists ALL LEGAL DECAL REQUIREMENTS both interior and exterior for older Piper Arrows? Currently modernizing my 69 Arrow.‘
Thanks Group

SL 526 does not apply to Arrows. Fixed pitch only. It's a placard for the tach.

Piper SL 526

Required placards are listed in the Aircraft Flight Manual or Pilot's Operating Handbook for your airplane depending on which format your aircraft has. Here are a couple of examples. Remember the AFM and POH are serial number specific and not for your airplane.

PA-28R-180 AFM Required placards start on page 2.

PA-28R-200 POH Required placards start in Section K of the AFM section. This is Report VB-560.

Last edited:
Per the TCDS for your serial number you should have an AFM, VB-175. I don't have a copy of that doc.

Don’t forget any placards required by an AD, STC, major alteration, or optional equipment added after the Acft was built

One newer one that might be missed is the requirement to have ADS-B Out active whenever in operation if the aircraft is equipped. I've been seeing references to operators turning off the ADB-B Out in certain circumstances. I don't have the reference for the requirement handy, but I've seen it. So if your ADS-B Out system is on a switch or pull-able breaker you might need that placard to be legal.

Latest posts

Back