• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Selling my 1971 PA28-235 LOW Time, IFR, Garmin....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyingmedic

Reaction score
http://forums.aopa.org/showthread.php?t=82467

Hey guys....

Passing along a heads up. My 235 is going up for sale this morning. I have gotten the bug for a twin, and momma says Hell No for the 2 at once ownership plan!

Anyhow.....here she is.....the Flickr site has a bunch more before/during/after pics if you're interested.

Price is going to be 65K before paint. 75K after paint.

Now on to finding a nice twinkie!!

Thanks...
Bill

Piper Cherokee 235

1185 TTA+E SINCE NEW

This is an extremely low time aircraft that is flown multiple times a week. It is ready to go, and comes complete with NUMEROUS upgrades and a BRAND NEW complete leather interior refurbishment.
This plane is being sold well under it's value. This is a great deal on a ready to go aircraft that needs NOTHING! I fly myself and my family in this airplane, and often in miserable IFR conditions. I got my instrument rating in this plane. So obviously, this plane HAD to be 100% for me to do that......and believe me, she is. There are very few true 4 place airplanes. This is the best of the lot.

The Interior was just completely refurbished with 2 tone grade A leather. The side panels were replaced with modern backing and sound proofing. All carpeting was replaced, as well as the headliner which matches the new leather. You can see the before, during, and after pictures (and a whole bunch more....) at http://www.flickr.com/photos/flyingmedic/

1971 Piper Cherokee PA28-235 Serial #28-7110022, N2290T (N235US Reserved)
235 HP Lycoming O-540-B4B5 Serial #14643-40
Hartzell HCC2YK-1BF Constant Speed Propeller Serial #CH9738
84 US Gallons Fuel (Main Tanks 2x25 Tip Tanks 2x17) 83.6 Usable
1296.35 Lbs. Useful Load (996.35 Lbs. Payload W/50 USG Fuel)
At 75% power, 140 KTAS and 13.3 GPH
Avionics Master Switch
Split Battery/Master Switch
Bogert Battery Box w/Cables
Gill G35 Batthery
Split Anti-Collision/Strobe Switch
Factory CHT and EGT Gauges
Remote GPS Antenna Input
IFR Certified
Copper Wire Spark Plug Cables
Standby Alternate Air Source
Davtron Digital M800 Clock/Timer
Standby Remote Comm Antenna Input
Full Whelen Wing Tip and Anti-Collision Strobes
Electric Pitot Heat
Complete Leather Interior Installation (NEW 02/2012)
Audio Panel : Garmin GMA 340 Stereo w/Panel Mounted Music Input (NEW 12/2011)
NAV/COM 1 : Garmin GNS 430W, w/ GI 106A CDI (NEW 12/2011)
NAV/COM 2 : King KX 155, w/Bendix King 209A VOR/GS
XPDR: Garmin GTX 330 Mode "S" w/ Traffic (NEW 12/2011)
Artex ME-406 ELT w/ Remote Panel Switch
LED Instrument Panel Lights (Cool Blue Color)

And much more.....

Annual Due 11-2013
IFR Certs Due 01-2014

All logs are scanned into digital format, and can be sent to serious buyers. The last pages of each logbook can be seen in the listing photos.

Interior is a 10/10
Exterior Paint I would rate as a 7/10
Exterior Airframe Condition is 100%
This plane is scheduled to go in for paint on 08/15/2012 (The Price offered includes that new paint job!) If it doesn't sell before that, she'll go in for paint, and a new N number.

This airplane was painted in 2003. The shop that did it, did a horrible job. The previous owner (There were 2, father and son) didn't really ever fly the plane, and never took action on the bad paint job. In fact, that's why the hours are so low on this airplane. The son really only kept the plane because his dad had loved it so much. As such, he did what was needed to keep the plane airworthy but didn't fly it much. The logs tell the story better than I can. Thousands of dollars to replace things every year at annual, just because the plane wasn't flying enough. To his credit, this plane has NEVER been out of annual. As far as I can tell, there has never been any deferred maintenance either, certainly not since I have owned it.

Now the 50,000 dollar question. Why am I selling it?

I received my Instrument Rating in March of this year. June 3rd of this year I received my Multi-Engine Rating. BIG (expensive) mistake on my part, because now I want a Multi-Engine Airplane!!!
That's the long and the short of it. I have invested many thousands of dollars in this aircraft, and I am not giving it away. This is not a distressed seller situation (other than wanting 1 more engine!!).

I will deliver this aircraft anywhere for expenses, and a ticket home.
I will be requiring a deposit within 24 hours of the auction ending.
I have this plane listed both in other media, and locally. As such, I retain the right to remove this aircraft listing from eBay at any time, for any reason.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions: Bill Call/Text 1-732-305-2455
Email [email protected]
Aircraft is located at KMJX on the beautiful Jersey Shore!

Latest posts

Back