• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

School me on Arrow III and IV's!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morgan3820

Reaction score
Still thinking of moving up from my Warrior. An Archer will give me the useful load that I need, But an Arrow will give me that and more speed. My AI has agreed to keep his inspection fee at the same low price :D. My insurance guy has given me a livable quote, obviously higher but a lot better than the one for a Debonair. But I do lose simplicity with the lower costs, no worries of a a gear up landing, the possibility ever to run mogas, (who knows how bad the new avgas prices will be). I do not want to diminish those with the Arrow II, but I have grown used to the tapered wing.

So I am asking for real world insight.
What are some actual performance numbers?
Is the T-tail a problem or a non-issue?
To turbo or not to turbo, that is a question.
Any AD concerns?
Was a non-turbo IV made, or are they all turbo?
Useful load differences
Am I wrong headed to overlook the Arrow II?
Other?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back