• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Saratoga II TC Oil Pressure Gauge & DDMP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
(I'm crossposting this from Maintenance forum because I only got 1 person's feedback in that forum, so I want to try here hoping for others with similar problems, and more importantly, a solution.)

My 2001 Saratoga II TC oil pressure gauge reads low, if it reads at all, or the needle on the gauge slams down to 0 and slowly climbs back up. Also the DDMP more often than not shows - - - - for OP and alarms at me every 30-60 minutes or so. We put a wet gauge on the oil feed line to the transducer and ran the engine and I'm getting strong consistent oil pressure in the engine, so that's not a problem. The way I read the wiring diagram, the OP transducer is wired to the OP gauge, and the OP gauge sends the signal to the DDMP.

Replaced the OP transducer, but the problem persists.

Is it a busted gauge? Is there something else electrical I should be looking at?

Also, possibly related, while all the other gauges are reading correctly and consistently, and the DDMP for those values are all reading what the gauges are reading, the little green lights at the top of each gauge will flash off then back on randomly. Anyone with any idea what that's about?

See attached images.

Hope someone can help.

-Jason.

Attachments

• IMG_5161.JPG
    IMG_5161.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5160.JPG
    IMG_5160.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 52

Latest posts

Back