• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Sale 1975 Piper Cherokee 181

PaulR

Reaction score
Looks like a nice 180 but thinking you should add some more details about the plane like TT,SMOH,and price etc. if you want to get some potential buyers.

tomspann

Reaction score
total engine time since new or overhaul please. How much are you asking

benpilot

Reaction score
Maybe 40k but not 98k way too much asking price.

Charley

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I think this aircraft is better described as an Archer. The Controller ad calls it a 180.

And sorry benpilot. If this aircraft were mine I certainly would not be offering it for $40K.

However I think someplace between $40K and the asking price is in the ballpark.

Last edited:

PaulR

Reaction score
Looks like someone is getting divorced and forced to sell the plane, 98K will never sell and pretty overpriced for sure and sit forever. Pretty nice improvements in avionics but you get less than half that back and thinking its only going to be in the 50-60K range sadly with all it updates if it ever sells, but a lot of great improvements you never get back in aviation.