• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

S-Tec Electric Trim for Aztec

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N5470Y

Reaction score
I have an S-Tec ST-340 Manual Electric Trim system with STC package for Piper Aztec Serial No. 27--2000 thru 27-7554172 for $1000.

The story with this is I purchased and S-Tec System 50 Autopilot out of an Aztec that bellied in. I didn't really want the electric trim because I have had aircraft with electric trim in the past and I never use it, however he would not break the package up so I took it all.

I had to purchase the STC package to have it installed, that cost me $1595. Upon installation it was found that the trim system needed a couple parts. The Cable assembly at part no 7014 at $484.62 and a turnbuckle, part no 4129 at $61.90. And because the trim system was set up for the older style yokes I needed another couple hundred dollar worth of parts to make it work in my plane. All this and the fact that my installation bill would be considerably less than the original quote if I did not install it, I chose not to.

Upon informing the seller about the defective parts he agreed to give me $1000 store credit if I give him the parts back with the STC package. It's a pretty hit but that's what I am going to do unless someone can use this package for $1000.

If someone on this forum is interested for $1000 I will throw in the installation instructions/drawings for the entire S-Tec System 50 Autopilot system. This is very valuable and not easy to get a hold of. I can't begin explain what trouble and expense I went thru to get these.

Latest posts

Back