• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

RNAV/GPS approaches at private airports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RBosque

Reaction score
Same...My TT is deadly on an RNAV.

VFR of course, - I have let it continue until I have determined that it will put the nosewheel on the centerline.

We have a nearby airstrip rarely used (private) but it has 2 RNAV approaches we can experiment/practice with without annoying anybody.

In an emergency, would not hesitate to give it (and me) the best shot ...

Cap
You have RNAV approaches at a nearby private strip? That's interesting. Does that strip have paved runway(s) or turf? I ask because I just bought a house in a fly-in community that does not have any RNAV approaches. I wonder what the requirements and the process would be to get RNAV approaches for our airpark?

Latest posts

Back