• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

RIPON FISKE Approach to Oshkosh Airventure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffSlutz

Commercial, Multi-Engine, Instrument, A&P
Reaction score
I’ve flown to Oshkosh before in my Cherokee Six

This year I plan to go again but this time in my Aztec.

The difference is, I took the Cherokee on the low approach (1,800 feet @ 90 knots). I plan to take the Aztec on the higher approach (2,300 feet @ 135 knots).

I’ve watched a bunch of YouTube videos of people at 2,300 ft and what I haven’t seen is when/where/if ATC tells them to descend to pattern altitude.

Do they just keep you at 2,300 all the way to downwind?

When do you descend?

How do you know there is no one below you on the 1,800 ft track?

Would love to hear some insight from some of you who have flown the 2,300 ft track.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back