• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Replacing Piper Altimatic IIIB-1 with Piper Altimatic IIIC/Century III?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Autopilots Central has my 1C519 controller and 1D395 Amplifier quoted for overhaul. The amplifier needs a new PCB and transistors. This is the most expensive part of the repair by far.

Installed in my PA-39. No G/S. Was working reasonably well until the pitch function recently failed likely because of the ancient amplifier issues. Pitch servo itself still good.

I talked to another Twin Comanche owner (earlier model than mine) that appeared to have a Piper Altimatic IIIC/Century III installed but he did not know the details.

From preliminary research it seems the Piper Altimatic IIIC/Century III should be a fairly direct swap and offer certain advantages. Does anyone know the specifics and if the 1C515-1 or 1C515-2 amplifier and Piper Altimatic IIIC/Century III controller can be easily swapped in? Connectors and pin locations look the same. Not too concerned about altitude pre-select. Really just looking to restore basic reliability and serviceability at minimal cost.

Latest posts

Back