• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Replaced Alternator.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle

Reaction score
Greetings. So I recently lost my alternator on a long cross country. I have since replaced it with a reman of the same
Type. I see now I probably should have went with a Plane Power alt and VR. I can return the alt I bought now but, can I replace the existing old VR with a new PP VR?

Upon replacing my Alt, I was still having issues with the 40Amp breaker popping, pulled all the wiring from the alt to firewall looking for bad wire and found none. Put everything back together and now it’s not popping the breaker, I assume it was a connection. Then I noticed the amp guage would show a full 40 indications then slowly go down to about 20. As of my flight today, no issues to speak of. From all my reading here it seems like a good idea to go ahead and replace the VR. Thanks for the input!

1963 pa28-180 s#28-986

Attachments

• A3E82C02-0020-4781-BC2B-8AFEA52451E3.jpeg
    A3E82C02-0020-4781-BC2B-8AFEA52451E3.jpeg
    45.7 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back