• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Repitch after speed mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

francois57

Reaction score
First of all happy new flying year to everybody! And hello to some of you I already had discussions with in other places.

I'm new on this forum and I'm the owner of a Cherokee 180C with the following mods:
Madras tips (already mounted)
Knots2U wheel fairings (new)

Plane is currently being refurbished and I was wondering what you guys would do with those mods: repitch or not repitch ?

With the madras, the planes does 125 KTAS on less than 8Gal with Pilot + full tanks, the newly mounted fairings should improve that.
Previous owner operated from a ... 600ft runway (!!!). So I'm wondering if I keep the standard pitch as it is, and get even a better climb and lower fuel burn, or have it repitched a little to get extra speed... What's the max speed you can get at 75% POH conditions (2700RPM / 8k) with mods without repitching ?

Idea was to reach something like 128-130KTAS.

Most of my trips will be done close to MTOW (that's why I settled for a 180) and most destinations have 2700ft grass strips

Francois

Latest posts

Back