• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Rental Hanger liability insurance question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USMCF18

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick question for the smart folks that I have come to rely on after stalking post after post for the last 2 years. I am going through the process of renting a hanger for my soon to be new bird (yes it has taken 19 months, but after many rejected candidates the moment is finally coming!) and the rental contract has the following:

13. Insurance. Lessee shall maintain liability insurance on the Leased Premises. Within 30 days after the effective date of this agreement, the Lessee shall provide Lessor with a certificate showing proof of such insurance along with a 10 day notice of cancellation. Lessee shall notify Lessor of any change in the insurance coverage and will do so as soon as practical following the effective date of the change.

This a separate insurance from the liability insurance covering the plane itself right? And if so would that be something that you would pick up with your aircraft insurance company to add on to your policy? This has confused me somewhat and my "google-fu" is weak on the subject, perhaps I am just not wording my queries correctly.

Of course pictures to follow on the acquisition, but I am too close to the finish line to mess with any bad juju by posting "early!" And BGF Yankee you are right in the middle or a perfect refuel spot on the trips to Florida, so expect a visit!

Also, if anyone needs a ringing endorsement for Larry and the Folks at Bartelt Aviation, I can provide it in spades. I cannot say enough about how great they have been. They have easily saved me over a $100,000 in "oh my god first annual surprises" in the three aircraft we have rejected, and gotten me into the perfect fit.

Thanks!

Grant

Latest posts

Back