• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Removing Aztec Landing Gear Oleo piston tube

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimICS2452

Reaction score
I need to reseal the bottom of the strut since it is weeping fluid. The strut is working well, so my plan is to just pull the lower part of the assembly while the plane is on jacks. Brake lines are disconnected. I have released the air pressure, removed the valve core, the torque link and removed the snap ring and and washer at the bottom of the trunion. At this point, according to the service manual the piston tube should pull out of the bottom of the assembly. When I pull the tube down using the landing gear fork it hits a hard stop at the bottom, like something is blocking the the tube from coming out.

What am I missing?

Latest posts

Back