• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Removing #1 cylinder 0-320 E2A

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n41076jem

Reaction score
To start with I know, I going to get flamed; bring it on. With that said, I get a lot of great information from this site. This is a follow up to a thread I posted in this forum.

There is no question the jug need service. My AI/AP lives 150 miles away and gives me a great price. Plus is really meticulous. The couple local guys are too busy and expense. Plus, I bought the plane from one of them. The first annual was very telling. Kind of reminds me of old use car salesman, that put sawdust in the transmission.

My wife and I are competent and not dangerous with a wrench. Speaking of wrenches, we do have the two cylinder wrenches need to remove the jug.

That it, I want to remove the cylinder, get overhauled and have my AI/AP reinstall.

We know the basic: drop the exhaust, not just #1 but all ports. Disconnect: intake, primer etc.

Here is my real concern, the pushrods, and the pushrod shrouds.

How to properly handle removing then the cylinder and engine.

The one real video showed the AP removed the rocker shaft and arms slid the push rods. He then rotated the shrods. Removed the 8 nuts and slid the cylinder free.

I prefer not to remove the rockers. I do not see any reason to remove them. I not sure that just skip that step. I do not see the reason to touch the rockers.

Thoughts?

Latest posts

Back