• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Removal of Step 1968 PA28-180D

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I need to remove the step on my 180 to address some corrosion on the step. (this is owner performed under IA supervision) Does anyone know whether the fasteners are bolting into a threaded hole or nutplate through a structural member or if they have nuts? I've checked the service manual and parts manual and it doesn't show fasteners so I'm just trying to determine if I need to remove any interior or not.

I asked by IA but he can't remember either so just trying to pick someone's brain that has already done it.

thanks

Attachments

• step.jpg
    step.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back