• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Reintroducing myself a year later

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joycem137

Owner of a 1976 PA32-300
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello again from California!

I said hi to the board about a year ago when I first got my bird, but haven't really kept up with the forum since then. I figured I should probably check back in, especially since I've given up Facebook and don't know other Piper pilots to chat with anymore.

I'm the proud owner of a 1976 Piper Cherokee 6 300. I'm based out of Reid-Hillview airport near San Jose, CA.

Just%20after%20takeoff.jpg

My panel is full of all sorts of gadgets and gizmos.
19-08-11%2010-54-23%205611.jpg

I absolutely love the storage capacity on this thing
19-08-04%2016-06-01%205446.jpg

I actually pulled the back seats out and helped a friend of mine move from Denver, CO to Reno, NV this past weekend. It was legitimately cheaper than flying out there commercial and renting a 1 way car. Well, cheaper if you don't count engine reserve. :p

19-08-10%2018-35-07%205558.jpg

Here's my bird all loaded up and ready to fly west from Denver. I'm the one on the left. I loved how despite having all that stuff, we were still well balanced and had hundreds of pounds of headroom between us and max gross, a definite nice to have facing all that density altitude!

I've been flying an average of 10 hours a month since I bought this thing. Currently, 170 hours of my 370 hours have been in this bird, and I love it.

I'm looking forward to starting my instrument training soon. I've got an instructor lined up and we're working on getting him onto my insurance so I can easily receive instruction from him.

I'm also looking forward to using my big bird to carry food and camping supplies to the Dead Cow Lakebed this October to camp out at and attend the High Sierra Fly In.

Maybe I'll actually remember to reply on here this time. :). See ya around!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back