• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Rear hat shelf bulkhead

PlaneJerry

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking to buy a rear “hat shelf bulkhead” for a 1967 PA -28-140. Nice if I can find one within a couple hundred miles of Charlotte NC due to shipping cost.

PlaneJerry

Supporting Member
Reaction score
you got my hopes up. I thought you ha e one after waiting for almost a year.

JohnPhillips

Reaction score
Plane plastics makes one.

Plane Plastics - hat shelf/bulkhead (made from ABS)

Bulkhead - PNW140-001

Bulkhead door - K79445-20

PlaneJerry

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plane plastics makes one.

Plane Plastics - hat shelf/bulkhead (made from ABS)

Bulkhead - PNW140-001

Bulkhead door - K79445-20
That’s for the info. I’m aware they have them but trying to see if I can save a little money if someone has a used one.

bovine

1974 Cherokee 140
Reaction score
Have you checked nearby scrapyards to see if they have any in stock? You could make a roadtrip and pick it up yourself if you want to save on shipping.

Texas Air Salvage and Air Salvage of Dallas are two scrapyards that I know of in Texas, but there are probably some others a lot closer to you.

PlaneJerry

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you checked nearby scrapyards to see if they have any in stock? You could make a roadtrip and pick it up yourself if you want to save on shipping.

Texas Air Salvage and Air Salvage of Dallas are two scrapyards that I know of in Texas, but there are probably some others a lot closer to you.
I have been checking on aircraft salvage places for the past year. i have none close at all. Atlanta air salvage is about the closest (5 hours one way) the other issue is the salvage places want as much as new. Texas air salvage has one now, but again in the $600-$700 range. Might as well buy new!