• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

RC Allen electric AI for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkvet

Reaction score
I removed an RC Allen RCA26AK-4 (14v) from my Saratoga.

The unit would "cage" but over 10 seconds or so would start to tilt and display the off flag.

I called a couple places about this issue and they said this was a common issue that would occur over time and that it simply needed to be rebuilt. The cost to rebuild was around $700. I almost sent it in for repair with the intention of selling it once I get it back... I decided it might be best to just sell it as is and let the new holder take care of the rebuild when and where they wanted. This reduces any concerns that the repair isn't up to the new owner's standards.

These units new are about $2300. There aren't a lot of used ones for sale but they seem to be in the $1200 range.

I'm willing to let this go for $400. Send it to a good shop and for $700 ($1,100) you'll have a like new back-up electric AI (fully certified)

I'll post some pics shortly.

Latest posts

Back