• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

ratty POH replacements?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased a new AFM for my '67 140 last year as the one that I had was rev 11, and the new ones are rev 22.... just a few updates!!.... it was not the POH that has a cover and all... I think depending on the year, there may be just a general POH, Piper recommended one for my plane that covered the 140, 150, 160, and 180... as this plane was converted to a 180 in 1971.... using Piper drawings and specifications... that now also has the Bold Warrior STC to support the change.

I purchased a new AFM for my '67 140 last year as the one that I had was rev 11, and the new ones are rev 22.... just a few updates!!.... it was not the POH that has a cover and all... I think depending on the year, there may be just a general POH, Piper recommended one for my plane that covered the 140, 150, 160, and 180... as this plane was converted to a 180 in 1971.... using Piper drawings and specifications... that now also has the Bold Warrior STC to support the change.

I know when we had to replace the one of the club plane POH, the one to be kept in the plane not the reference one, we had to buy it from Piper because it had the serial number of the aircraft in it and was supposedly the only authorized copy. I imagine for something in the sixties that maybe they didnt do serial number in the POH?

For the binder just buy one from an office supply store. You can have it embossed. Ours is 8 1/2 by 11. I bought one with a clear pocket on the cover. Copied the title page and put in the pocket.

Yours looks like a 5x7. For the Piper P/N
Piper.com
Service and Support
Technical Publications
Customer Service Information
Page 18

For the binder just buy one from an office supply store. You can have it embossed. Ours is 8 1/2 by 11. I bought one with a clear pocket on the cover. Copied the title page and put in the pocket.

Yours looks like a 5x7. For the Piper P/N
Piper.com
Service and Support
Technical Publications
Customer Service Information
Page 18
Yes, that would be good idea.

I know when we had to replace the one of the club plane POH, the one to be kept in the plane not the reference one, we had to buy it from Piper because it had the serial number of the aircraft in it and was supposedly the only authorized copy. I imagine for something in the sixties that maybe they didnt do serial number in the POH?
Both of my 1965s had serialized AFMs. In addition to the more standard stuff, they include equipment / option lists and the original weight and balance.

Both of my 1965s had serialized AFMs. In addition to the more standard stuff, they include equipment / option lists and the original weight and balance.

Thanks, couldn't remember if the '65 Cherokee 180 I owned had a serialized one or not. Given I dont own it anymore I couldnt go check.

Latest posts

Back