• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Random Thoughts From Around The Hangar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Spent the day doing an annual on the Lake. One of the things I discovered was a bunch of cracks in the cowl that required a little attention. The short term fix until I get the energy or remove the engine so I can fix it right is an inside doubler, that resulted in a Clelo Forest...
Cleco Forest.jpg

It comes as no surprise the A* has a thin wing, but sitting right next to the Lance the difference between the two is striking.
Wing Tips.jpg

And last but not least, ever wonder what comes out of an AO separator? Well here is what I drained out of the one on the Lake. The tea colored layer on the bottom is water and the dark layer on top being the oil. The Lake has an AO separator on the breather that stores the accumulation in a container to be emptied as required, typically at each oil change, or when it starts to dribble on its back. If you don't like oil on the belly, be glad your engine isn't on a stick so all that nastiness goes on top !
AO Separator.jpg

Latest posts

Back