• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Radio transmitting problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Equipment:
Garmin 430W Comm1
Narko MK12D TSO Comm 2
King KA134 TSO audio panel

Last thursday at the end of a routine flight I didn't think anyone was talking to me in the pattern even though I was making my calls. (I could receive just fine-with Comm1 I can hear radio calls from an airport 70 miles away that's on the same frequency).

Today, on the ramp, a plane was talking to me and I could hear them just fine, but they couldn't hear me on the Garmin (Comm 1). I tried the Narco (Comm 2) and they said they could barely hear me, transmission was garbled with lots of static. I pulled out my handheld radio and departed the area and called over to the nearby towered airport for radio check. Comm 1 I received no response. Comm 2 got the same response as before, barely hear me, garbed, and static.

Flew back and went to the hangar. Cleaned the radio jacks. Got my spare headset and did radio checks in both pilot and co-pilot sides with the same results on both pilot and co-pilot sides using both headsets.

Thoughts on what is causing this issue before I call the avionics shop?

Attachments

• IMG_5261.jpg
    IMG_5261.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 39

Latest posts

Back