• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Questions RE: Combustion Heater on Seneca

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BGFYankee

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
As someone relatively new to Seneca ownership and also someone new to an aircraft with a combustion heater, I was wondering if anyone ever had any issues getting the heater to light while in flight? Every once in awhile, my heater just refuses to light off if I've been in flight for a little bit. It's typically no issue to start it on the ground. I recently did have to replace the pressure switch on the top of it and have had relatively little issue with it since. Also wondering if there's some sort of lever position combination that works better than others while in cruise flight for starts? Lastly, on the decal in the Seneca, what does it mean (on the Air Intake lever side) when it says "EXT COLD OPR."? The POH doesn't really seem to cover this with very much detail at all and I can't seem to locate an operator manual for the Janitrol B3040.

Latest posts

Back