• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, first post here, I recently purchase an arrow locally, I did my due diligence, got a prebuy, the AP to my basic knowledge level seemed very thorough. I got the plane home per another pilot for a 20nm flight. I was not yet checked out in an arrow. The next day I went up for first training in new plane. I looked at th oil and it looked exceptionally dark, especially compared to the oil I was used to seeing in the rentals I used.
In order to get things started right I had oil changed. Lone behold they found some metal. A couple things I left out was the plane had an annual in July and they stated the oil had 5 hours on it. I contacted the person who did the inspection and they stated that since plane only had 5 hours since a clean oil change and inspection they didn't do it. When I called to set up inspection the AP discussed that they would be doing one and told have to pay cost of a new filter. Of course I didn't mind.

So now I have a new to me plane, that had an annual in July, and inspection in August and now has "more metal than it should" for a plane with a recent oil change.
I'm pretty new to this so looking for thoughts and suggestions.

Latest posts

Back