• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

prop turns over slowly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJLIPTAK

Reaction score
When starting my challenger, the prop turns really slowly. almost like the battery is
run down and on it's last leg. I've checked the specific gravity and voltage and the
battery appears fine and is fact new (still under warranty). The only thing I can think of
is the cranking amps are low (not sure what the battery is rated at)
OR
the wire(s) running from the
battery to the starter have to much resistance. I don't have a maintenance manual so I don't know
how the battery cables are run. ( I'm concerned that when the cold weather gets here, the
oil will be thicker and increased loading on the starter system.)
Has anyone had a problem like this? does anyone have any specs re the
recommended cranking amps for the battery. any other advice/ideas as
to cause/fixing the problem :?: would be appreciated.
thanks.

Latest posts

Back