• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Project Plane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ty1295

Reaction score
Somewhat a curiousity question. I see a lot of "project" planes for sale. Some not flown for years, etc.

If someone wanted to get one going again, or even say restore a plane they already have does all the work need to be done by an A&P mechanic? Can an owner do the work and get it checked off or certified?

Obviously some things need to be done by an experienced certified person. I've built many automobile engines but would still rather have an expert do that. But let say I gutted the interior, redid it, even replaced a damaged panel somewhere on the plane, etc. Could I then get it inspected and certified?

Latest posts

Back