• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Pressure switch - Landing gear pump system

sierrakilo99

Reaction score
Looking for piper p/n 587-847 or Eaton p/n 211C243-12 pressure switch.

sk

Reactions: Als

Forkauto

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aviall lists it for 1275.42 with an availability of May 23rd

sierrakilo99

Reaction score
Um... yeah... that's why I'm looking for a used one... they are gold on Aviall.

sk

djpfinancial

N8094C
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I have one. Will have to check the part number. What’s it worth?

Dave

sierrakilo99

Reaction score
Thanks, I've already sourced one, it arrived today at the hangar. Will be installing it tomorrow. Not sure how much, I had the owner purchase and have it shipped to him. It was one of the ones that ED posted in the links above, from Jacksonville FL I think...

sk

poloengr

Reaction score
It's relatively common for these pressure switches to fail. The one on my Seneca II failed a few years ago and the gear would not fully retract. Used prices for this switch are attractive compared to new but I'd be worried about buying one that doesn't last long. I bit the bullet and purchased a new switch.

rgbosche

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For anyone else who needs one, I have one “as removed” out of my Arrow. I replaced it thinking it was bad, but it turned out to be the power pack. PM me if interested.

sierrakilo99

Reaction score
FWIW, we were able to source a used one for $500+ shipping with a 60-day warranty.

sk

Latest posts