• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Pre-Buy and Corrosion inspection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftrinciante

Reaction score
Asking for a friend (that is looking to get a PA-28 corrosion-free) :)
I love the PA-28 Cherokee, but as we all know, there is corrosion, and it seems like the low wing Cherokee it is a prime candidate for it. When paying for a pre-buy, do they check for wing spar corrosion, behind the fuel tank, wing root, and remove the read sit to inspect the spar box and Piper SB 1304? Is that something we can ask to be done at a pre-buy or is that more like an annual at that point?
The deal now-days is to sell the aircraft with a "Fresh-Annual" that is not assuring at all; I have seen many aircraft that had a fresh annual but will not pass an annual inspection done by another mechanic. So I am finding it hard to trust the whole "Free-Annual" marketing strategy (been burned).

Latest posts

Back