• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Power off landing..... do you practice ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLVoumard

Reaction score
Just had an unfortunate event at my local field..... power off landing came up 300 yards short. The pilot was okay - airplane a total. This got me to thinking ----when was the last time I practiced a power off/dead stick landing ?

Engines are not inexpensive and pulling the power to idle cant be good... but then coming up short of the runway is no way to end the day...

so I'm headed to the field and will get in at least 1 practice power off / dead stick landing.

Any one have a "procedure " for Cherokees ? Flaps Y/N ? Stay high and slip Y/N. What type of pattern ? Just looking for tips

Thanks to all in advance.

Latest posts

Back