• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Power Loss Turbo Arrow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jetjockey172

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am hoping someone may have some insight into my ongoing intermittent issue. This has been going on for over a year now and I have been unable to solve this. I have 79 Turbo arrow that occasional will experience a power loss usually on base or final approaches but once you turn on the fuel pump it comes back to life. When this does occur advancing the throttle does nothing. The Turbo version checklist and POH state the fuel pump is not required on take off or landing and I have confirmed this with Piper. I have had the electric fuel pump completely rebuilt and purged all of the fuel lines / fuel vents and the problem still occurs unexpectedly. Has anyone else experienced this or know the rationale why, it's quite unnerving having the engine almost stop. My AME is even stumped and has spent excessive hours trying to diagnose with no success. Tks in advance.

Latest posts

Back