• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Power Flow Systems buys Leading Edge Aircraft Exhausts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
Hello,

Most of you know that Power Flow Systems and Laminar Flow Systems are closely related to each other. Power Flow was founded by me as a separate company because I believed it had the legs to stand on its own... and it does.

The big news is that Power Flow has just purchased the assets of Leading Edge Aircraft Exhausts. Three of our team are in Anchorage, Alaska right now, learning how their manufacturing equipment works and packing up all the tooling and machinery to send to Daytona Beach.

This will result in a massive expansion for Power Flow because it will include STC's for many 4 and 6 cylinder aircraft (including Piper PA 20/22, and PA 12, Cessnas, from 180's, 182's 185's and 205's to 210's ). We will be adding about 30,000 new planes to our approved STC list!

So you can expect to see these promoted very shortly, and deliveries are scheduled to begin in September You can look for more information at the Power Flow booth at Oshkosh, where deposits will be taken. Oshkosh discounts will apply to all exhaust purchased from now through the end of the show.

We are also moving both companies to a new, much larger location in Daytona Beach. It's only a couple of miles away from our present one, and will offer us much better office and production space. The new address will be Power Flow Systems Inc., 795 Fentress Boulevard, Building "A", Daytona Beach, Florida 32114. All online and telephones will remain the same.

This is the biggest thing to happen for us since our first Power Flow STC in 1997!

Thank you for your support.

Robin Thomas
President , Laminar Flow Systems.

Congratulations! I will look you up at Oshkosh to say hello, and to persuade you to work on an STC for the PA24-250!

Good for you, Robin.
Glad to hear it.
All the best,
Jim

Robin,

I tried to send a message but it wouldn't let me, so I apologize for the public post. I live and work in Anchorage and happy to hear you purchased Leading Edge Exhaust. Would love to help however I can. With the move to Florida I hope you will still have a good presence in Alaska with all the small aircraft we have here!

Exhaust systems are a necessary evil and efficiency is the word to get more horsepower.

I wonder if Cub owners will go the bucks for a system?

My 140/180 has an STC Davcon muffler system which is simple and efficient. It was installed again new at engine overhaul back in 2012. However one riser developed a crack. I had trouble finding new risers. The risers were older and reused. So I elected to have an aviation company duplicate all four new.

If a J3, it would need to look totally stock externally. The portion internal to the shroud could be modified to eliminate the muffler and round all tubing bends inside the muffler. If on a 90 or O-200, it would need to incorporate the tailpipe shroud flow restrictor.

Robin,

I tried to send a message but it wouldn't let me, so I apologize for the public post. I live and work in Anchorage and happy to hear you purchased Leading Edge Exhaust. Would love to help however I can. With the move to Florida I hope you will still have a good presence in Alaska with all the small aircraft we have here!

Tom,

Many thanks for your encouragement and support.

Darren , General Manager, Brian, head of production and Eric chief engineer are all in Anchorage this week, packing things up. Why don't you call Darren... his cell number is 386 212 5751. I am sure he will appreciate your call.

We will, of course, keep the many small planes in Alaska at the top of our minds.

Regards

Robin

Latest posts

Back