• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

For Sale Potential partnership - NW Atlanta - PA32 Lance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick G

1977 Lance P32R-300
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in talking with other pilots in the NW Atlanta area about forming a partnership in the Lance I currently own. It's a great airplane. Due to family moving closer to us and a change of job, we don't have as much of a need. We just don't fly it as much as we used to. The total cost per hour is getting uncomfortable because due to fixed costs. My wife doesn't want to give it up because she likes to travel with her dog. I'm not ready to hang up my pilot's hat yet and I don't want to downgrade to something smaller. So we are entertaining taking on a partner or two.

The airplane:
  • 77 Lance (straight tail)
  • 1280 useful load.
  • Cruises 155 - 165 KTAS (depending on weight and power settings).
  • Fuel burn 13.5 - 18 depending on altitude, percent power, etc. I flight plan 16 but usually burn about 14.7. Pic below shows ~155 KTAS (+/-) 9000' 14.3 GPH. This is typical for fully loaded.
  • Club seating. Seats were re-padded. Very comfortable for long trips.
  • Speed mods and LED lighting. See my posts for full process.
  • Avidyne IFD 540 with integrated transponder and ADS-B weather. 3D terrain.
  • Century IIIc autopilot.
  • Currently hangered in an extra large / twin size hanger which was just built last year.
My ideal partner(s) would be:
  • 600+ hours total time and instrument rated. (less experience would cause insurance to skyrocket). I am close to 1500 hours total time.
  • Okay with keeping it in the NW Atlanta area. It's currently at KJZP but would consider moving to KCNI if hanger space comes available.
  • Like-minded pilot with prior aircraft ownership experience.
  • Interested in long-term ownership.
Notes:
This is a great cross country travel airplane. It runs great! We typically fly 3 - 4 hours which gives a range from Atlanta to either NJ or south FL. If you don't mind the long flights, she'll make it all the way to TX on one tank. We fly at about 3500 lbs (3600 gross). This is enough for me, wife, 3 kids, dog and 80 lbs of baggage. Engine time is 1633 hours since IRAN. Some cylinders replaced in recent years. Compressions all in the 70's. I'm expecting it run well beyond 2500 hours before needing an overhaul. Starter, alternator, battery and tires are all fairly new. All of the "bugs" have been worked out of it. It's pretty stable in terms of maintenance. Very reliable. The more she's flown the more reliable she is. Hence, looking for a partner to help keep the gremlins away.

Price would be current market value divided, by partners, plus seeding maintenance reserve. Fixed costs include hanger, insurance, taxes, annual, etc. Details provided if the conversation gets interesting. The first step if finding a good partner.

Message me if interested.

20190927_234359.jpg

20220409_144040.jpg

Attachments

• 20221002_132014.jpg
    20221002_132014.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20190724_134517.jpg
    20190724_134517.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back