• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Posting Restrictions in the For Sale section

arkvet

Reaction score
legit or not other forums I use have minimum post requirements to be able to create a thread in the classifieds section. This shouldn't be that tough to do.

Otherwise until further notice: first time posters selling a GNS 430 or 530 that just so happens to be listed in a foreign language on ebay will be tarred and feathered in short order.

I'll stick with my initial scam alert.

Orest @ CYFD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We convinced the upper echelon folks of the wisdom of this, and we are going to do exactly that.

* Orest

Orest @ CYFD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yah!!!! I'll bring the tar!!! You got the feathers?
LOL.

Well, actually, of course, what we will be doing is not allowing new members to post in the For Sale sections, until they are established.

The other is reserved, for possible future use. ;)

* Orest

FlyCanadianGuy

Reaction score
I still think Paypal is the most secure way of doing business online. Havent been stung yet by them.

Orest @ CYFD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not fool proof. A scammer can setup a new Paypal account, grab your money, and then cancel the account and close out the bank account. Paypal then doesn't have anything to go after.

* Orest

killrocks

Reaction score
At least this should put a stop to people signing up just to sell stuff........

Orest @ CYFD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, posting to For Sale sections is now restricted to "Established Members".

For Sale posts elsewhere will be removed, as normally.

* Orest

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Bear with me guys, I'm still tweaking the settings to make sure it all flows as Orest is describing. Not all restrictions are in place yet.

Bobsacomano

Reaction score
A forum I frequent has a itrader rating system that lets members exchange feed back after a transaction. It is available for members to see what types of dealings a member has had with others in the past. Just a thought.

Latest posts