• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Plowing the field

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bartmc

Reaction score
We had a decent day yesterday and this morning was nasty but just turned into a beautiful VFR day. For some reason the airport bought a $180,000 snow plow and a $200,000 facility to put it in. Yet, nobody will plow the damn field. I cant get out of the hangar and the taxiways are covered in snow, brand new snowplow hasn't been started. the folks who put dinner on their table because of the airport are starting to get less than impressed and im debating on buying a snow plow just so I can fly. The FBO's on the field have offered to fire the plow up and plow it but get told they cant because they aren't authorized. MY CFI said he had to turn away 6 customers in the past 2 days due to the snow and there isn't a good reason the field isn't plowed and its going to freeze and cause all sorts of issues. End of Rant. I guess it is possible to taxi, take off and land but why would i risk it when our tax money just spent $380,000 to plow the damn field?

Latest posts

Back