• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

planecover cowling cover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hornet02

Reaction score
No vested interest here, just passing on a review. For years I have had corrosion issues in the engine bay on my 140. I attributed it to water leaking through the piano hinge on the cowl doors and through the not so great cowl seals around he nosebowl and top cover. Anyway, Jim from Planecover (planecover.com) started making a cowl cover a year or so ago and I was one of the first to get one. The existing cover overlaps it and it wraps around the front of the engine where the cowl plugs go, so you don’t need to run cowl plugs. 1 aft strap and 2 small fwd ones that attach to the towbar link. Only take an extra min to install. Anyway, it has made a world of difference. Spark plugs that used to corrode up after a few months still look brand new after almost 2 years now. The whole engine area looks much better. For some reason he still doesn’t show it on his main site, just via Ebay. If you call him he will make you one. For me it was a great $130 investment. Again, just passing on my experience.

Latest posts

Back