• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

PIREP - Jetline Simulation Bahamas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
http://jetlinesimulationbahamas.com/
W Bay St | The Pointe Plaza One, Shop 115D, Nassau, New Providence Island

I went on a cheesy weekend Bahamas cruise for my wife’s friend’s birthday. After deboarding at Nassau, we ignored all of the taxi drivers and “tour guides” harrasing the tourists near the customs area. My wife and I just kept walking down the street and let the wind blow us where it may. It was actually a very nice walk and we passed some nice shops and were able to borrow some wifi at the Dunkin Donuts. We walked across the street and were about to bite on a virtual reality arcade, but we passed. We kept walking just a little more around the corner of the street and noticed a big jet poster on the door of the next business suite. We tried to open the door, but it was locked. So, we just kept going, but this lady excitedly open the door and exclaimed, “hey!!! You’ve got to come here! I’m an American. I don’t work here. You have GOT to see this place.” So, we backpedaled to the front door of Jetline Simulation and walked in. We were met by a young man wearing a pilot uniform with one-stripe lapels (later, I learned he is working on his private pilot rating at KFXE) and an enthusiastic smile. Some nonpilot customers that had just gotten out of the simulator wore big smiles and told us, “you HAVE to do this.” To make a long story short, I eventually got on the simulator but revealed that I was an instrument-rated single-engine pilot. I asked pilot owner/manager to start the simulation cold and dark, and he obliged. He went over the startup procedure in absolutely perfect detail; after this, we taxied to runway 4L at JFK. After taking off, he put me through my paces doing several instrument approaches at JFK and LGA. The cockpit was a full replica. Everything - the switches, the yoke, the pedals, the throttle, thrust reverses - felt absolutely real. The only thing missing was full motion for crying out loud. It was an incredible experience sitting on the left seat with this guy. He went above and beyond and was quizzing me on IFR procedures and probed my decision making. For $150, I spent an hour on a real B737 simulator next to a true professional that loves what he does. I tried to tip him in the end because I felt like I was robbing him (who knows how much I would have been charged in the states for something like that...I know I would have been charged almost just as much for 6 approaches at my local flight school’s ATD with 1980’s graphics and dumb flight model), but he refused and told me, “I’m a pilot. I do not get tipped for doing my job. If you want to help, please write a nice review on TripAdvisor.”

I highly recommend that anyone traveling to Nassau go to this place. As a pilot, I thorooughly enjoyed it, and the nonpilots coming out of the simulator seemed just as enthusiastic as I felt. I will make sure to make a flight over to Nassau to jump in the simulator again and have my wife have a try at it!

Edited to include video:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back