• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Piper Turbo Aztec F

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am was ready to make an offer on a well equipped F model, but now I am reconsidering the Turbo F. I have a few hundred hours in a non turbo C model. Can anyone help me with a few questions.
1. Real world performance at 12,000 feet. i.e. MP RPM TAS and fuel burn? I assume these are not 200+knot airplanes at any altitude???

2. Are the wastegates like the Seneca 2's? What are the operational differences in managing the turbo's?

3. Are these engines as bulltetproof as there non turbo siblings? Do they typically go thru cylinders or require alot of additional maintenance?

I am really trying to decide if the added performance is worth the money. Typical mission is 400-500 miles. I like to hang around 12,000 feet. About 6 times a year, we make some 1,000 mile flights.

Thanks
Jason

Latest posts

Back