• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Piper Turbo Aztec E Lean of Peak LOP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
First thanks for the advices, I had high CHT that were corrected working on the baffles.
Now I wanted to try run the engines LOP. The GAMI spread of the left engine is about 1 gal\h and on the righ engine 0.4 gal\h without GAMI injectors.
When I’m ROP TIT 1550, I get more Thant 170 KT true at 17000’ at 2300 RPM 24 MP burning around 14.8 gal\h per side.
With the same settings, 50 deg LOP, I cruise around 155 KT with lower CHT burning around 10.4 gal\h per side. This could be very interesting on long range cruise... Unfortunately, with these settings, the TIT is a bit above 1650 which is the limit per Lycoming.
What do you think of that? Is it acceptable for long time cruise or not? If not, how does people can run these engines LOP otherwise?
Here is a picture of the engine monitor LOP:

Latest posts

Back