• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Piper SB 1366

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm sure as most of you are aware, there was a Piper SB 1366 that come out earlier this year.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/pipercrm/Solution/20729/SB_1366.pdf
It has to do with washers installed that have radii on one side and checking to see if the correct ones are installed, and installed correctly (curved side down).

My PA-34-220T is in for the annual and told the shop to do the SB. I wasn't expecting anything since the wings have never been off (according to the logbooks) and the washers should be the ones installed at Piper.

Well, I just got an email saying that none of the washers installed are rounded off. I reread the SB and it sounds like some washers that are the correct part number may have been manufactured without the radius and installed that way. Paragraph 3 sounds like if the washers that are installed are indeed flat, but not interfering with the adjacent structure that they're okay and the SB would be complied with without removing and replacing the flat washers.

Has anyone else ran into this at all?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back