• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Piper LSA is cancelled

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leigh

Reaction score
I noted a news item that probably many of you have regarding Piper canelling an agreement to distribute the Czech LSA under the Piper flag, saying but Piper today cited “differences in business philosophies” as the reason. My interpretation of this is that it compliments the Czechs though it probably isn't really good news for the 70 or so purchasers of the Piper LSA. I assume that another more capable company will pick up the agreement or some variation and continue to market the plane. Anyone here want to persue a business opportunity in marketing aircraft? Somehow it would seem to make sense if you can somehow pry the claws of the FAA off the thing enough to operate under experimental rules. The Czechs have proven themselves to be very capable aircraft designers and manufacturers in the past so I would have quite a bit of confidence in the plane itself unless Piper and the FAA have succeeded in messing it up too much.

Latest posts

Back