• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Piper Cherokee Compass

Unit74

Reaction score
OE compass from a 79 Lance. Will fit any Piper with that style center post. Nice and clear. I replaced with a PAI 700.

How's about $60 shipped to your door. PM me

image.jpg

Charley

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
What is nice and clear?

With all due respect, that compass needs serviced.

Reactions: GM.

GM.

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Yes, for some time now.

Unit74

Reaction score
What is nice and clear?

With all due respect, that compass needs serviced.
Anytime one of my employees utters with all due respect, they are entering unemployment territory. It's basically a preface to saying something really stupid.

The compass is fully functional and nice and clear on the display. Not yellowed out or cloudy. I'm aware, as I assume you have both eluded to, the gasket has shifted. But it's fully functional and not in dire need of service.

Pay no mind to the price of course as I'm sure if I said $20 delivered your still complain.;)

skywag

BE300 CE500 DA-50 LR-JET
Reaction score
I doubt anyone here would work for you.

What we wonder is why you are bragging about a piece of junk?

GM.

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The fluid is in the chamber may be clear but it's also low due to evaporation (porous expansion diaphragm) so it looks like it needs resealing.

Is he float even resting on the pivot?

Unit74

Reaction score
I doubt anyone here would work for you.

What we wonder is why you are bragging about a piece of junk?
Stay classy, bro. I know on P forum, they think you are important, but over on the other real aviation sites, we all know your real mettle. Maybe that's why you hang here the most?

You don't like the price? Hell, at free you'd still be talking ****. There's a lot of "junk" out there. Fortunately, some people need that junk. Dawson's, Wentworth and Arizona salvage have made it a full time job.

Price just went up for you. $100 shipped.

Everyone else, $40 shipped;)

GM.

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
What we have like other items for sale here is a used instrument. it's up to the purchaser to decide if it suites his/her needs and if it's worth the price.

The picture indicates it needs servicing as there should be virtually no air in the chamber (the diaphram regulates internal pressure, not air space) but not everyone is familiar though. It should be posted as as/is needs servicing.

Mine was just overhauled for fifty dollars including the kit. Forty shipped and fifty to service it is a fair price.

Salvage yards should provide trace and serviceability tags on their wearables and instruments. This one would have a red one.

Latest posts