• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Piper Brake reservoir wanted!

Arrow4

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for a Piper Brake reservoir, P/N: 63355-09. in good condition. If you have one to sell please PM or post.

Thanks!

JimC

Reaction score
If worse comes to worst, you can still buy the same size cans that were used to make the reservoirs and construct a new one.

Arrow4

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
If worse comes to worst, you can still buy the same size cans that were used to make the reservoirs and construct a new one.
Hopefully it won't come down to that but good to know! I have a few good leads on used ones but just exploring all options.

Tweety

Reaction score
There was a thread about this a while back. The basic part is a standard 1 pint metal can, with some parts soldered on. I believe someone posted where to get a new can. You need one with a metal cap. Then you can make an "owner-produced" part. Is anything salvageable from your old one? Unfortunately a lot of ones from "boneyards" aren't in the best shape given the location under the cowl on Cherokees, if the hulk has been stored outside very long.

Chris Swier

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a guy in the Facebook group PA 28 & 32 Exchange that was making some good looking replacement caps but didn't have PMA paperwork. I wasn't able to find his posts, (likely because a bunch of people were roasting him and saying they were sending the feds after him for selling unregistered parts). I would guess that if you posted a cap wanted in the group he might PM you.

Can, https://www.aaronpackaging.com/metal-f-style-containers-cn016-f

Last edited:

Ray93J

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has been posted more than once this is the same can as the Kroil oil 8 oz can. You should note the cap is not in the center of the can. The Kroil can is the same design used by Piper.

N47438

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They show up on eBay fairly often

Arrow4

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
If you read further down you can order one of more. So, I can order for $2.25 a piece plus shipping. There is a $10 minimum order so I will order 5.

$2.25 X 5 = $$11.25
Shipping $12.00

Net $4.65 a piece plus shipping to you

Who needs one?