• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Piper baggage door strap. P/N 65440-2 (nos)

Charley

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Here is an even better deal on the same item.

$15, includes shipping.

And this fellow with fabricate to the length you specify.

I don't remember exactly, but it seems the one I bought a few years ago, I specified maybe ½" longer than the factory original.

Fast and friendly service, and he took something like 3 or 4 months to cash my check.

You can buy from him through eBay, or direct via his website.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/191842726797

http://www.piperforum.com/showthread.php?t=3754

Last edited:

rrc1962

Reaction score
You would not purchase an airplane because of a baggage door strap?

gusve

Reaction score
I never heard of a TSO or STC piece of fabric with two pressed buttons. I think your expectations of a replacement part is a bit extreme. I dont see anything wrong with the strap Charlie suggested.

Unit74

Reaction score
I would not compare knock off parts to piper parts. Pre buy inspections go better with clean airplanes and log books.

When your done making that bong sing, pass it along. Your high enough....:rolleyes:

GM.

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I bought the aftermarket strap six years ago when first offered along with a set of embroidered cowl plugs from this vender. It has the same snap my worn out factory strap had plus it was a heavier fabric. Eight hundred hours later and still like new.

Charley

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
The fellow who makes those straps told me that style stainless snap fastener is pretty much the standard in the world of antique automotive convertible tops.