• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Piper Arrow II gear horn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TEG916

Reaction score
When does your gear warning horn come on?

The Arrow I fly has the horn come on with the flaps at 25°, even with full throttle. What this means is that if you follow the short field takeoff procedure, you get the gear horn once retracting the gear. The flaps stay out until clear of obstacles.

Other aircraft types I am familiar with do not do this. You would get the gear horn at a similar flap setting only if you retard the throttle.

This particular plane has the automatic gear extension disabled.

Is this normal? I could not find a definitive answer in the POH or the service manual.

Latest posts

Back