• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Piper Archer II For Sale

Tony Winters

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

We're thinking about putting the Archer on the market early next year. I figured I'd post it here first. My brother and I have loved training on this plane but are ready to move up to something bigger (Lance / Saratoga / Cherokee 6/300).

Airframe: ~ 3770 TTSN
Engine: ~ 1650 SMOH (flies weekly so will increase)
Panel: Garmin -> G3X Touch 10", G5 Attitude, GTN 650Xi, GMA 345 audio-panel, GTX 345 XPDR, GTR-225 COMM, Guardian Avionics flush-mount iPad mini mount with power
Other: Electric Trim, AutoFlight II Wing-Leveler AP, EI Ammeter/Voltage meter, new SkyTec starter in 2019, new battery in 2020, new interior plastics 2019, new carpet 2020, AeroComfort Leather Yokes

When we list next year, most likely will be starting at around $125k. VREF brought this in around $110k excluding some additional upgrades we've done. Below is a video of the upgrade process. Thanks y'all!

Before Leather Yokes:

Whiffletree

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks a really nice plane and you have done a very good job of it. I am looking for an airplane similar to that. It is a pity you have not upgraded the autopilot. I may be doing something wrong but when I punch all the items into Vref that it has in its database I cannot get the value to go above $90,000.

Tony Winters

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks a really nice plane and you have done a very good job of it. I am looking for an airplane similar to that. It is a pity you have not upgraded the autopilot. I may be doing something wrong but when I punch all the items into Vref that it has in its database I cannot get the value to go above $90,000.
I have the printout from VREF with all my specs somewhere. I’ll try to locate it. And yes, autopilot would have been really nice. It was just an additional 10k we weren’t willing to spend knowing it would mainly be a trainer for us. Nonetheless, still kinda kicking myself for not doing it.

reb

Reaction score
I noticed in your signature you say it is a 1978 model. However by your serial number it is a 1977 model built in 1976. It has the old style wheel pants that don’t cover the gear. 1978 and later had the new style.

Tony Winters

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed in your signature you say it is a 1978 model. However by your serial number it is a 1977 model built in 1976. It has the old style wheel pants that don’t cover the gear. 1978 and later had the new style.
Yea you’re right, not sure how I messed up the signature. Thanks! Just for that, you get a $100 off the price!

Baron62

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Looking forward to seeing the next one.

astral

Comanche Driver
Reaction score
Good luck with the sale. I'm not going to offer an opinion on the price, but I am interested to see how the sale goes for you. There's many who say you shouldn't put anywhere near that amount of cash into a trainer as you'll never see a fraction of the return, but who has actually tried it? Now's the climate in which you'll get a premium on any aircraft, so hopefully you do well.

obw1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the sale. I'm not going to offer an opinion on the price, but I am interested to see how the sale goes for you. There's many who say you shouldn't put anywhere near that amount of cash into a trainer as you'll never see a fraction of the return, but who has actually tried it? Now's the climate in which you'll get a premium on any aircraft, so hopefully you do well.
Looks like it's already sold (post #6)

Tony Winters

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, we sold the plane. I don't mind sharing details. I listed it it at $118k and sold it within 2 hours for really close to that price. The amount of interest I had in the plane really blew me away. Kinda makes me wanna do another one...

Latest posts