• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Piper 765-106 PA-28/PA-32 Inspection Hole Field Service Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timbeck2

1970 Cherokee 140
Reaction score
Well I ordered it. So far it is just a service bulletin, one day it may be an AD, who knows? But that's not why I bought it. My Cherokee 140 has never been in the rust belt having lived in the SW all it's life so I'm not really worried about corrosion on my spar. I had to remove the tanks last year to install my new fuel senders anyway and my spar was spotless.

I bought the kit for a number of reasons besides a possible AD in the future. I bought it so I could inspect the underside of my wing walk but most importantly I bought it because I'm going to install a new OAT probe so (with the addition of the GAD-13) I can get true airspeed/wind direction and speed on my G5/s. I bought it so I can install said probe in the cover of the inspection plate which makes the probe easier to install in the wing. I also ordered it because I need the air frame experience in my quest to become an A&P - looks like a fun project. Lastly, I ordered it because it has already increased in price from ~$180 to $220 and if the AD hits, it may go ever higher not to mention harder to find.

As an added bonus, I can also get rid of that old eyesore unicorn temp probe in the windshield.

Latest posts

Back