• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Pilot Logbook

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just finished a project that took me months to complete, but was years in the making. I’m ashamed to say I let my Pilot logbook lapse....by many many years! Over 14 to be exact. Now I had all the data, it was just compiled in multiple different places and my personal paper logbook did not reflect it. I made sure I had all the data gathered and organized and started to update my Pilot logbook a few years ago. I’d do a year or so, then let it sit for another year. I really went after it this summer when I wasn’t working, and made a lot of progress. I’ve kept working at it, and finally today I am happy to say I am 100% up to date on my personal paper logbook.

Now I’m sure for most of you this is probably hard to believe. But when you fly for an air carrier, your company keeps track of your flying for you. This and the fact that I don’t have a need for someone to see my logbook, and well, pure laziness can take hold, and it can get behind like it did for me. The silver lining in all this was reminiscing a lot of the flights I took over the years while I got around to logging them. Funny how I could totally remember certain flights or trips, where we went, who I flew with, and what we did while we were there.

How many have let their logbook slip? Do most newer Pilots use electronic logbooks only? I use Garmin Pilot for all my GA flying but will still keep a paper logbook with all my GA and Professional flying combined. I started 36 years ago with a normal Black Jepp style paper logbook with the green pages. I upgraded to the larger brown Jepp Profesional Pilot logbook with the green pages, and now after getting caught up, I’m halfway through my 3rd one of those. One of my big regrets when my father passed away was not getting his logbooks out of his house when I could, and they were lost.

Latest posts

Back