• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Picking up radio static all of a sudden....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

callegro

Reaction score
Just outta the blue, I've been starting to pick up radio static. Seemed to happen during/after the flight that I accidentally started up with the avionics master on. Not sure if that is what triggered it, but about 30 mins into the flight, I start picking up 2 types of static. One, a faint steady static and the other a sharp, couple second long intermittent along with it. I have tried to troubleshoot in the air....checked lights, transponder, mags, different power settings, you name it.....any other solutions you guys might throw at me?

Thanks in advance

Latest posts

Back